Saturday, May 5, 2007

21km Requejo to Lubian

The weather cleared, we crossed the pass without trouble, and arrived at Lubian just as the first drops of the afternoon showers fell. All in all, a very nice walk.

The albergue was essentially like the previous night, but a bit smaller. The beds had pillows and a blanket and there was a small kitchen. Unfortunately, I was the only one willing to stay there. The alternatives were either full or overpriced. Before I knew it, the crew mutinied and we were in a cab to a town 10km away where there as another hotel. This was a nearly intollerable concession for me to make, as it moved us from the category of peregrino to "taxi tourist", an unpardonable offense in the eyes of the pilgrim purist. Not that I'm a purist, but I like to play by the rules if at all possible.

No comments: